We are pleased to announce that this year London School of Samba’s 2018 Samba de Enredo Competition will take place at Floripa on Wednesday 18th April from 19.30.
This competition is one of a kind in the UK, as we invite talented musicians to compose sambas, and the winning one, chosen on the night by a panel of judges together with LSS members, will be sung and played by the School at Notting Hill Carnival and throughout the whole year!
We are only one of a few European Samba Schools to hold a competition of this nature and we’re proud to see a high number of entries for this year.
All songs are going to be performed on the night accompanied by a live bateria, giving you a proper taste of this year’s carnival! And our theme for this carnival is “For the beauties of the sea: Yemanja guide us.”
After the competition, the vibrant surroundings of Floripa will be filled with Carnival celebrations, and live performances from our own bateria and dancers!
So don’t miss out! And if you are a member of the School your vote will count!
Start 8.30pm Free entry!
This years entries can be listened to before the big day by clicking here>>>
The songs are –
– Iemanja – Gregory Cowan
– Moça da Infinidade: “As belezas do Mar” – John Hicks / Nuno Marcelino
– Um Desejo de Iemanja: “Flores sim, Plástico não” – Xavier Osmir / Paul Rumbol
– Pela beleza das águas – Ivy Lemos / Ioanna Marathefti
– Puxando as Ondas – Christopher Mullins-Silverstein / Ramon Fernandez
– Para as belezas do mar: Yemanja nos guia – Kati Borgers / Vik Choudhuri
– Untitled – Carlos Santana / Remy da Souza
As a member you will be able to vote on the song you want to represent us at this years’ carnival. A reminder to the theme for this year can be found here>>>